Asics Trail Shoes
Thre are three main characteristics that make the best walking sandal, these are a SUPPORTIVE SOLE, a THICKLY STRAPPED upper portion, and a Protective Heel design to keep your feet in place.
What To Avoid in a Walking Sandal
- High Heels – A high heeled sandal is most definitely not designed for walking in and should be avoided at all costs.
- Flat Soles – A flat-soled sandal is just as bad if not worse than a high heeled sandal as it provides absolutely no support or underfoot comfort.
- Fragile Sandals – You need a durable sandal that will last for walking, therefore your more decorated and fragile design sandals or dress sandal may not work as they are designed for looking good and not for hard-wearing performance.
- Flip Flops – Though there are some flip flop brands and models that offer excellent comfort and support features I would rather not recommend them for walking as they can slip out of your feet. The same goes for slide sandal r any sandal without a backstrap. I have added a few of these though for those of you who insist that I find to be the best for walking with.
What To Look for and a Sandal for Walking Long Distances
- Durability – Look for durable construction and durable materials such as leathers, textiles, EVA and rubber. Most reputable and quality brand sandals can be trusted for quality and durability.
- Shock Absorbency – Shock absorbency is key for walking to reduce the impact on your feet, knees ankles, and joints. Cushioning such as memory foam, Gel or even EVA is ideal for shock absorbency.
- Cushioning – Cushioning as mentioned before does not just absorb shock but also provides comfort for long-distance walking.
- Smooth Linings – Smooth lined uppers and footbeds are a must otherwise you may endure chafing and blisters from excess friction. Moisture-wicking materials are also ideal.
- Support – Good stability support and arch support is necessary for walking to keep your feet well aligned and to help with the natural biomechanics of movement.
- Tread – The tread of your sole needs to be durable, made of rubber preferably with patterns or lugs depending on the walking surfaces.
Features of a Good Sandal for Walking Long Distances
- Smooth upper webbing or straps lined with a moisture wicking fabric and can be padded.
- The bungee lacing system on Fisherman’s sandals.
- Adjustable straps.
- Cushioned footbed, with contoured shape and arch support.
- EVA midsole for shock absorbency.
- Durable rubber outsole with a slip-resistant tread.
Reviews: The Best Sandals for Walking Long DistancesHere are some of our favorite brands and models in sandals that are ideal for walking longer distances;
Walking Sandal for Long Distances
These are two extremely durable and comfortable Fisherman style sandals that are perfect for walking long distances, particularly if you have a foot condition or feet that tend to ache and get tired quickly.
- The uppers have a fisherman design that is more enclosed for protection and is made from and lined leather.
- You get a pair of cooling Gel insoles additionally that provides cushioning and keeps your feet cooler.
- Both have the popular DR.Comfort Biomechanically engineered, arch support and cushioned footbed, along with a shock-absorbing midsole.
- These sandals also offer extra depth and a wider fit and are available in wider width options to choose from.
Flip Flop Style Orthopedic Comfort Walking Sandals
Skechers is a top brand in sports style and comfortable sandal and shoes that are highly durable and the perfect sandal for walking long distances on a variety of terrains.
- For the ladies, there is the Skechers Cali with soft and comfortable T-strap fabric uppers and decorative rhinestone detailing for fashionable appeal and a Backstrap that is elastic and flexible for a more secure fit.
- For the Gents, the Evented Rosen Flip has a plush and comfortable memory foam footbed that contours to the shape of your feet, and the uppers are also made from a moisture-wicking and soft non-irritating textile fabric.
- Both these shoes boast a supportive and cushioned footbed, as well as a shock-absorbing midsole from EVA materials.
- To finish off there is a durable rubber outsole that offers excellent grip and traction.
Sports Sandals for Walking Long Distances
Keen is a reputable and trusted sports brand that also manufactures some of the most amazing sports sandals. I have chosen these two models as the ideal sports sandals for long-distance walking outdoors ain in more rough terrain.
- A more closed style upper webbing for better protection made from textile materials that are smooth lined for less friction and quick drying.
- There is a bungee lacing system so that you can get the perfect fit.
- The Metatomically designed cushioned footbed provides the best shock absorbency and support for walking longer distances.
- Contoured arch support for all arch types and a compression-molded durable EVA midsole to attenuate shock.
- The durable rubber outsole is designed specifically for trail walking outdoors on slippery surfaces.
Sandal for Long Distance Walking
If you suffer from Heel Pain, Plantar Fasciitis or Achilles Tendinitis then these two models from Clarks are your best sandals for walking long distances.
- The uppers comprise of Soft and comfortable textile materials.
- Inside you will find the Cloudstepper and Cushion Soft Technology, for comfort that is lightweight and durable.
- Furthermore, there is an EVA footbed that offers excellent shock absorbency and cushioning.
- The durable rubber outsole has a tread for all outdoor and indoor surfaces that will provide excellent traction.
Fisherman’s Sandal for Long Distance Wlaking
The Orthofeet Alpine and Naples extra depth Orthopppedic sandals with a closed Fisherman’s style design to offer better protection and comfort for individuals with foot conditions and deformities.
- Soft and smooth leather uppers with moisture-wicking sooth linings to reduce friction.
- Extra-depth design and available in wider widths to accommodate for foot conditions, swelling, and deformities.
- There is an Ortho cushioning system with lightweight air cushioning for comfort and support.
- The EVA cushioned midsole offers ample shock absorbency.
- High traction thick and durable rubber outsole that is ideal for all surfaces.
Long Distance Walking Sandals
These are wonderful orthopedic comfort Walking sandals that are designed for optimal support.
- The Nubuck leather uppers are soft and seam-free and have an adjustable setting velcro strip, to ensure you the most comfortable and adaptable fit.
- There is a Dual Density Midsole and integrated post and shank, for better stability and motion control which is ideal for long-distance walking for individuals who suffer from plantar fasciitis or heel pain.
- The Footbed orthopedic for ample shock absorbency and comfort
- The rubber outsole is designed to last and provide excellent traction for walking.
- This shoe is also available in wider width options as well as extended sizes.
Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Walking Long Distances
|No.||Product||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Nike® - XXXXXXXX||
|1||XXXXXXXX® - Asics Trail Shoes||
|1||Dr. Comfort® - Walking Sandal for Long Distances||
|2||Skechers® - Flip Flop Style Orthopedic Comfort Walking Sandals||
|3||Keen® - Sports Sandals for Walking Long Distances||
|4||Clarks® - Sandal for Long Distance Walking||
|5||Orthofeet® - Fisherman’s Sandal for Long Distance Wlaking||
|6||Dr. Comfort® - Long Distance Walking Sandals||
Table of Contents
- Asics Trail Shoes
- What To Avoid in a Walking Sandal
- What To Look for and a Sandal for Walking Long Distances
- Features of a Good Sandal for Walking Long Distances
- Reviews: The Best Sandals for Walking Long Distances
- Walking Sandal for Long Distances
- Flip Flop Style Orthopedic Comfort Walking Sandals
- Sports Sandals for Walking Long Distances
- Sandal for Long Distance Walking
- Fisherman’s Sandal for Long Distance Wlaking
- Long Distance Walking Sandals
- Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Walking Long Distances