What is Supination and Its CausesSupination occurs when you place the weight of your body on the outside parts of your feet when walking or running so your weight is shifted from the forefoot to the heel. Excessive supination may cause problems in the body alignment which can lead to pain in the feet, knees, hips, and back. Usually, individuals who Supinate excessively have structural issues in their feet which prevent them from running or walking properly.
- Prior to Injury – Old injuries that have not healed properly can lead to instability when walking, as well as weakness in the bones and soft tissues. Individuals who suffer from Achilles Tendinitis are more likely to Supinate.
- Body Misalignment – If you do not have a correct posture and there is a misalignment in your body, it means that some parts of the body need to work much harder than others to keep your balance. Poor form when exercising or performing activities can lead to an imbalance which in turn leads to Supination.
- Incorrect Footwear – A good shoe will protect the arches and soft tissues of your feet against injury and strain. Good support is particularly necessary when you are walking or running on hard and flat surfaces. The wrong type of shoe or a cause out shoe that offers little support may likewise lead to Supination and other issues.
- Genetics – Traits affecting the mechanics of your feet and legs are often inherited, such as the length of your legs, your foot width, and ankle stability. The shape of your arch may lead to Supination which is predominant in individuals with a higher arch.
- Other Causes – A sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise, restriction on a range of motion, too much exercise, conditions such as arthritis, and constant impact from hard surfaces are all causes of Supination.
Treating SupinationYou can correct and prevent Supination of the feet by following these easy tips;
- Good Footwear – Flexible and lightweight shoes that offer proper arch support and some cushioning is ideal for individuals who supinate. Also, make sure to replace worn out shoes immediately.
- Insoles – Orthotic devices designed specifically for Supination can help to correct the problem.
- Proper Form – A Correct posture and good running and walking techniques can address excess Supination. Make sure to land softly on your feet and aim to make contact with the midfoot rather than the heel when running and walking.
- Physical Therapy – A Physical therapist can help to loosen tight muscles and tendons in the feet an also strengthen these soft tissues to assist in better weight distribution, which in turn prevents Supination.
- Exercises – Exercises such as Knee stretches, Plantar Fascia stretches, Calf Stretches and Ankle stretches can help to prevent Supination.
Features of a Good Sandal for Supination
- Footbed – A cushioned and contoured footbed that provides better arch support and some motion control and stability is ideal.
- Shock Absorbency – The midsole and outsole can offer shock absorbency. Rubber in the outsole is ideal to look for, as is EVA and foam in the midsole.
- Uppers – Soft and comfortable leather or textile uppers, with an adjustable fit.
- Outsole – Rubber is your best bet in an outsole, you want the outsole to offer good grip and stability.
Reviews: The Best Sandals for SupinationBelow are your best sandal brands and models for feet that tend to Supinate; We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Sandals for Supination
- The Trace Cross features two cross leather straps and a durable rubber outsole along with a contoured and cushioned footbed.
- The Arla Primrose has soft textile uppers with a backstrap and a durable rubber outsole.
- Bothe feature the popular Cushion soft clodstepper technology, and are available in some color varaitions.
Orthaheel Technology Sandals for Supination
- There is a full length orthotic footbed in both these models that have a deeper heel cup and offer biomechanical arch support.
- The outsole is made from a slip resistant durable rubber and will keep you well grounded.
- There is likewise a trip[le density EVA midsole and additional heel cushioning to absorb shock on impact.
- The orthaheel technology provides your feet with better alignment and stability.
Outdoor Sandals for Supination
- Both feature soft and comfortable nubuck leather uppers with a textile cushioned lining for comfort.
- Supportive and adjustable front and back straps for the ideal fit and color availability.
- A sporty designed rugged sandal that is excellent for outdoors and trail walking or hiking.
- There is a lightweight EVA footbed with a microfiber cover for cushioning and support.
- A direct injected PU midsole foam and Receptor technology for better support and stability.
- The rubber outsole is designed to provide you with the best grip on outdoor surfaces.
Dress Sandals for Supination
- The Rocklake is a men’s style sandal with adjustable hook and loop straps made from Tumbled genuine leather, a rear pull loop, and a flat rubber outsole.
- The Briah is a Gladiator style sandal with a wedge sole, leather upper straps and a Memory Foam cushioned insole.
- The Rocklake similarly features a lightweight cushioned EVA midsole and shock absorbing comfort system.
- Both sandals are ideal to wear as dress sandasl and come in different color options.
Supination Fishermans Sandal
- Features the popular Smart Comfort system for a more customizable fit.
- The footbed ensures comfortable and orthopedically designed anatomical support with multiple density layers, and it is also removable.
- There is a protective Nylon shank that is lightweight.
- The durable outsole has multiple density layers to provide superb shock absorbency.
- These two models are available in a few color options to choose from.
Supination Support Flip Flop
- Features the supportive and comfortable Orthalite technology which offers lightweight cushioning and contoured support.
- The Footbed ensures Tri-Planar and motion control which is ideal for supination.
- A deep heel cup stabilizes your feet and helps to align them back to their natural position.
- The uppers are made from soft and comfortable webbing in textile materials that are fast and easy to dry.
Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Supination
|No.||Product||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Clarks® - Sandals for Supination||
|2||Vionic® - Orthaheel Technology Sandals for Supination||
|3||ECCO® - Outdoor Sandals for Supination||
|4||Rockport® - Dress Sandals for Supination||
|5||Timberland® - Supination Fishermans Sandal||
|6||Orthaheel Vionic® - Supination Support Flip Flop||
Table of Contents
- What is Supination and Its Causes
- Treating Supination
- Features of a Good Sandal for Supination
- Reviews: The Best Sandals for Supination
- Sandals for Supination
- Orthaheel Technology Sandals for Supination
- Outdoor Sandals for Supination
- Dress Sandals for Supination
- Supination Fishermans Sandal
- Supination Support Flip Flop
- Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Supination