Flat feet and SymptomsIndividuals who are said to have flat feet have either an extremely low, or no arch in their feet. Your arch is the inner gap beneath the inner part of your foot when you stand this mid-area should be raised slightly from the ground. If this area is completely flat on the floor or extremely low it means that you have flat feet. The Arch of the foot is required to keep you sturdy and flexible when walking, running or standing on a surface and to keep you balanced. When you have flat feet your feet may roll inwards when you stand, walk or run, which is called overpronation. Many individuals who have flat feet have no issues or symptoms, although there are others that may develop pain and discomfort in the calf, knee, hips, heel, arch of the foot or lower back area. Plantar Fasciitis is a very common condition related to flat feet, which is basically heel pain that is sharp and occurs mostly when you get up off your feet after resting for a while or sleeping.
Causes and Preventative Measures for Flat FeetSome Causes of Flat feet may include;
- You may be born with flat feet that is a genetic trait.
- Overstretched or injured tendons and muscles in the feet.
- Obesity and excess weight can cause the bones and tendons in the arch to flat.
- Pregnancy releases a hormone called Relaxin, which relaxed s joints and tendons that can lead to a flat arch which may or may not return to normal after birth.
- Conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and nerve damage can lead to flat feet.
- Broken bones may cause the arch to collapse.
Features of a Good Sandal for Flat Feet
- Look for shoes with a low arch and arch support specific to a low arch.
- Slight cushioning and a shock-absorbing midsole are advised.
- STABILITY and MOTION Control is your most preferred features to control overpronation and to provide the best support.
- Look for a firmer sole and a good heel fit or cup.
- Contoured and cushioned footbed.
- Durable and supportive rubber outsole with a low or no heel.
Reviews: The Best Sandals for Flat FeetHere are our best picks in sandals for a flat foot or lower arch type;
Dress Shoes for Flat Feet
- Available in wider widths for every foot shape and type.
- The Biomechanical design that hugs your feet and ensures excellent stability.
- A supportive and cushioned heel cup to reduce heel pain.
- A cushioned footbed and smooth upper linings for less friction.
- Superb arch support for a low and flat arch.
- A thick shock-absorbing rubber outsole.
Flat Feet Sandals
- Has a thick and shock-absorbing durable rubber outsole, for high traction and slip resistance.
- A cushioned and soft insole design with an EVA midsole for cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The Soft leather and fabric upper straps offer a comfortable fit and are adjustable.
- Sporty design for outdoor wear.
Flat Feet Fishermans Sandal
- Features a durable rubber Multi-density outsole provides exceptional shock absorption and cushioning.
- Inside is a Removable multi-density anatomical footbed provides comfort and excellent support while allowing you the use of your own orthotics.
- Lined with a climate controlling lining to keep your feet warm or cool as needed and to improve temperature control.
- The nylon shank that provides support and shock dispersion, and is airport friendly.
- A supportive polyurethane midsole and comfortable leather and synthetic uppers
- The Smart Comfort System technology will give you all day comfort and support and a customized fit.
- Available in a variety of color designs.
Sports Sandal for Flat Feet
- A cushioned Compression molded EVA midsole, for better support and comfort.
- Comes with a Stability shank and Shock pad Heel, which are the perfect features for a low arch or flat foot.
- A High traction rubber outsole with water channeling lugs.
- Available in color as well as wider width options for men and women.
Flat Feet Slide Sandals
- Nubuck leather uppers that are soft and seam free with an adjustable setting velcro strip, to ensure you the most comfortable and adaptable fit.
- A Dual Density Midsole and integrated post and shank, for better stability and motion control which is ideal for flat feet and overpronation.
- There is a cushioned comfort footbed, for all day support and comfort.
- This shoe is available in wider widths and extra large size options for every foot shape, size, and type.
Flat Feet and Plantar Fasciitis Dress Sandals
- The insole has an anatomical design and is cushioned for comfort, and support in a low and flat arch type.
- Comes with an instep strap with a hook and loop closure for an adjustable fit.
- In the men’s model, we have a memory foam insole and smooth leather uppers with a neoprene lining.
- Casual and sporty Fisherman sandal design for casual and leisurewear indoors and outdoors.
- Lug and durable rubber outsole for better grip.
Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Flat Feet
|No.||Product||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Vionic® - Dress Shoes for Flat Feet||
|2||Rockport® - Flat Feet Sandals||
|3||Timberland® - Flat Feet Fishermans Sandal||
|4||Teva® - Sports Sandal for Flat Feet||
|5||Dr. Comfort® - Flat Feet Slide Sandals||
|6||Dr. Scholls® - Flat Feet and Plantar Fasciitis Dress Sandals||
Table of Contents
- Flat feet and Symptoms
- Causes and Preventative Measures for Flat Feet
- Features of a Good Sandal for Flat Feet
- Reviews: The Best Sandals for Flat Feet
- Dress Shoes for Flat Feet
- Flat Feet Sandals
- Flat Feet Fishermans Sandal
- Sports Sandal for Flat Feet
- Flat Feet Slide Sandals
- Flat Feet and Plantar Fasciitis Dress Sandals
- Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Flat Feet